- The site presented is brownfield land, The Old Cement Works, in Colne, Borough of Pendle, Lancashire, BB8 8HW, on the west side of Knotts Lane, grid reference SD, easting: 38852080 - northing: 43928970. Its total size is 0.3ha(0.75acres), and is vacant and mostly cement ground. (appendix 1) The site is adjacent to Knotts Lane in Colne and an estate road will lead directly from the Lane to all five houses and their garages.
- Colne is a town and civil parish six miles northeast of Burnley, 25 miles east of Preston, 25 miles north of Manchester, and 30 miles west of Leeds. The M65 linking it to Preston terminates at the west end of town, whence the A56 leads onwards to Skipton and the A6068 to Keighley in Yorkshire. Colne railway station is the terminus of the East Lancashire railway line, at the other end of which is Preston, making Preston effectively Colne’s gateway to most parts of the UK.
- Allen, Ruth. (2010). How to object to a planning application. Hampden Fields Action Group. Accessible at http://www.hampdenfieldsactiongroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/HowtoobjecttoaplanningapplicationEbook.pdf
- Department for Communities and Local Government. (March 2012). National Planning Policy Framework. Accessible at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/6077/2116950.pdf
- Property valuation techniques, David Isaac and John O`Leary 2013 3th edition.
- Property Valuation Principles, David Isaac and John O`Leary 2012 2th edition.
- Property Valuation the five methods, Douglas Scarrett and Sylvia Osborn 2014 3th editon.
- Parry`s Valuation and Investment tables, A. W. Davidson 2002 12th edition.
- BCIS Quarterly review of building prices, construction issue 146, September 2017
- Town and County Planning Act 1990
- LABC Warranty. (2017). “building on brownfield land – What do you need to know about contamination risks?” Accessible at https://www.labcwarranty.co.uk/blog/building-on-brownfield-land-what-do-you-need-to-know-about-contamination-risks/
Assoc. prof. Zdravka Djandarmova, PhD
Trakia University – Stara Zagora, Faculty of Technics and Technologies,
8600, Yambol, Bulgaria, 38, Graf Ignatiev Str.
Peter Dimitrov Djandarmov, PhD
University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom